Sunday, June 1, 2014

June 1st

Don't you just love a fresh new month? I am sitting on my deck enjoying a cup of coffee I am thinking about this little roller coaster ride that I am on. Also I'm thinking about my workout regime what's gone well and what hasn't.  First and foremost I want to say that my weight is still the same. That means I lost 0 pounds last week. I had good days and bad days I am realizing that summer is the most difficult time 2 stay disciplined. This can be overcome. I am working on my mental attitude about staying on track. To be honest, enjoying certain activities in the summertime with a few cold drinks is a big inhibitor to my weight loss.
    As far as my working out is concerned, I did Jillian Michaels 30 day shred 5 days in a row and then took a break for 2 days. I will get back to that today. But I do feel like it's doing something. I'm feeling firmer just from the first 5 days. I stayed on my normal workout regime which is spinning class twice a week, and Zumba twice a week. I'm pretty active but the area that I have been lacking in over the past 3 years is some toning using weights. I plan on sticking with this 30 day shred and not taking anymore breaks. I believe it will help a lot.
  So, here we are at the beginning of June, which means I am embarking on my second month of being on the thyroid medication Nature-Throid. Perhaps the first month was my body getting used to the medication and my mind getting used to letting go of certain foods and comforts. I am ready to begin anew and focus on my goals. I want to lose 50 pounds by Christmas break. I want to feel good in blue jeans and stop feeling so negative about my inability to complete this goal. I want to conquer this problem and I must remember that. I think I forget about how important these goals are  to me, because I focus on my weakness instead of my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment